Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Science Fun

We have been testing for the past 2 weeks and it has been exhausting!! I can say, that our kids worked so hard!! I couldn't be more proud!

To pass time and have some fun, we did science experiments. Here is one of the science projects we did. I found it on Steve Spangler's website. I had the kids make a shape out of pipe cleaners, they then tied it to a string and tied the string to a Popsicle stick. They filled a cup with about 1/4 cup of borax. I boiled water and poured it in their cup for them. They stirred it to speed up the dissolving process. We added some food coloring and then placed their shape into the cup and made sure the Popsicle stick stayed on top. We left it alone for about a day. Squeeze the cup gently to break up the crystals a little. This is what we got:







No comments:

Post a Comment