Thursday, October 3, 2013

Science in the News


Once a 9 weeks, I will be offering extra credit in Science! This is not a mandatory assignment; it’s for extra credit and will be offered only 1 time a 9 weeks. They may not submit more than 1 Science in the News assignment a quarter.

Students will need to research and find an article of an occurrence of Science in the News. The article has to be science related. They will need to complete a sheet on what the article is about. I have attached the sheet to here so you can see what it is. In order to get full credit, they must complete the entire sheet and attach the article. If you do not have access to a computer, students may come in early to school and look for an article then. I will post their work on a bulletin board in my classroom.  

This assignment is to bring awareness to the students of how much science is in the world around them. I hope they are as excited as I am about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment